- We are Eon Visual Media Limited. We are a private limited company registered in England (number 4650879) whose registered office is 1-7 Thomas Street, Hull, HU9
1EH. We operate our website, the homepage of which can be found at www.eon-media.com.
- Whenever you submit your information to us, whether it be by using our website, by email, over the telephone or by any other means, you acknowledge that we will
added to our mailing list. Please see section 4 below for further information if you no longer wish to receive such mailings from us, or just email us at
email@example.com with details of your request.
- We are committed to ensuring that all personal data we hold is treated properly and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. We are registered as
a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) and our registration number is Z3338013. In accordance with applicable data protection
legislation, we are required to explain to you how we will treat any personal data which we collect from you.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO if you have any concerns with regard to the way in which we process your personal data. We would, however,
appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
- What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may
include your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Where you have given consent, we will use your information to send you a copy of our newsletter or product samples (including personalised samples) from time to
time by email or post. If you subsequently decide that you no longer wish to receive such correspondence or product samples from us, please see section 4 below.
- If you correspond with us (e.g. using email), we may retain a copy of that correspondence together with your contact details and our responses where necessary for
our and your legitimate interests in order that we can appropriate manage your relationship with us.
- In the event that you provide us with feedback regarding our products or services, we may disclose that feedback to our suppliers and to other users of our website
where it is in our legitimate interests to do so in order to improve the products and services that we provide. This includes any information that you provide us
with if you report a problem with our website (which we will use for our legitimate interests in improving our website).
- We may also collect information about where you are on the Internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, and domain names like .co.uk and.com), your browser
type, the country where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit and any search terms that you entered on our website.
We may collect this information even if you do not submit any information capture forms or make any transactions using our website, and will use it for our
legitimate interests in administering and improving the accessibility of our website, for internal operations (including troubleshooting, analysis of how our
website is used, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes) and as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
- You warrant that any information you supply to us is accurate and up to date, that you will inform us if any such information requires updating, and that if you
submit a third party’s details to us you have that third party’s permission to do so.
- Third Parties
- We may disclose personal data about you:
- with third parties who are processing your information on our behalf for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions (including in connection
with press releases);
- with third parties who are directly involved in dealing with any request, enquiry, complaint or other correspondence submitted by you;
- with third parties who are providing us with professional advice where necessary for our legitimate interests in obtaining such advice and permitted by
- where we are legally required to do so;
- in connection with criminal investigations, legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings where necessary for our related legitimate interests and
where permitted by law;
- where necessary for our legitimate interests in establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights (including providing information to others for the
purposes of fraud prevention) and where permitted by law; and
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we propose to sell or buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose
your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and/or their professional advisors) or if we or substantially all of our
assets are proposed to be acquired by a third party. Any such disclosure will be made where necessary for the legitimate interests of us and/or the third party in
respect of the proposed transaction; however we will not transfer your personal information to any such third party unless we are satisfied that they are able to
provide an adequate level of protection in respect of your personal information.
but not limited to direct marketing). We do not sell personal information under any circumstances.
- How do you stop marketing information being sent to you?
- You can ask that such information is no longer sent to you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
writing to us at Eon Visual Media Limited, 1-7 Thomas Street, Hull, HU9 1EH or clicking on the appropriate link in the footer of any marketing emails.
- We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way,
altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business
need to know that information. However, the Internet is global and no data transmitted via the Internet can be guaranteed by us to be completely secure during
transmission. We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose online and we will not be responsible for any breach of security unless this is
due to our negligence or wilful default. It is possible that the information you provide to us will be temporarily transferred via a route outside the European
Economic Area as it passes between us.
- In certain circumstances we may use the services of a supplier outside the European Economic Area (EEA) for purposes referred to in this Statement (for example in
relation to brand management and print clients). This may involve your personal information being processed by the relevant supplier on our behalf outside of the
EEA. If we do this, we will require the relevant supplier to put in place appropriate technical and organisational data protection security measures (for example,
as part of our contract with the relevant supplier or by verifying that they operate under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework (please see www.privacyshield.gov
for further details).
- We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and/or any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we
are legally required to do so.
- Your rights
- You have a legal right to see a copy of the personal information that we keep about you and to require us to correct any inaccuracies, subject to certain
exemptions. In some circumstances you may also have the right to:
- request that we erase any personal information held about you;
- restrict our processing of your personal information (for example to ask to suspend the processing of personal information to establish its accuracy or the
reasons for processing it);
- data portability (i.e. to request the transfer of personal information to a third party); and
- object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party).
- Requests in respect of the above should be made in writing to the Data Compliance Officer, Eon Visual Media, 1-7 Thomas Street, Hull, HU9 1EH or via email at
email@example.com. Please contact the same address if you have any reason to believe that information
we hold about you is inaccurate. We will respond to
your request as soon as possible and, in any event, within one month from the date of receiving the request. Please note that we may, where legally permitted,
reject any such request or limit the scope of our response (e.g. if, in the circumstances, the right does not apply to you).
- In accordance with applicable data protection legislation, we follow security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your information. We may therefore request
proof of your identity and rights before complying with any request of a nature described in section 6.1 above.
- You will not generally have to pay a fee to exercise any of your rights described in section 6.1 above. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if you make a
request to see a copy of your personal information which is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively we may refuse to comply with your request in such
- Retention and destruction of your personal information
the purpose(s) for which it was collected. Further details of our specific retention periods are set out in our information retention policy (a copy of which is
available upon request).
- For example, if you have consented to receiving our newsletter, your preferences in that regard will be retained by us unless and until:
- we cease producing our newsletter; or
- you withdraw your consent, following which we will destroy or suppress such personal data without delay so that you no longer receive our newsletter.
- Save for any contact preferences suppressed under section 7.2 above, your information will be securely destroyed at the end of the relevant retention period
described or otherwise referred to in this section 7.
- Whilst taking into consideration our legal obligations, we will on an ongoing basis: review the length of time that we retain personal data for; consider the
purpose or purposes for which we hold the personal data in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it for; securely delete personal data that is no longer
needed for such purpose or purposes; and update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date.
identity code. With your consent, your computer accepts the cookie and stores it. When you next visit our website, the code is retrieved, allowing an individual
any substantial changes to the way in which we use your personal data we will notify you by posting a notice on our website’s homepage. You can view the current
- What about third party websites that you can access via our website?
provided, the operators of those websites may collect personal data from you which will be used in accordance with their respective privacy policies which you
should read. We are not liable for the practices of such third party website operators in respect of your personal data.
- You acknowledge that any information that you post using our social media facilities will be viewable by anybody who visits those websites and that such information
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.